image courtesy of http://www.ebay.com
Like diamonds and shoes, denim is also a girl’s best friend. Ripped, acid washed, stone washed, faded, embellished, denim is ‘licious”. Denim is a staple piece in every one’s wardrobe. It is a versatile and timeless piece of fashion and can be dressed either up or down. Denim has been there since the 1920s and it was a trend that was first popular with the cowboys. Denim is available in pants, dresses, shorts, play-suits, jackets and even in the form of accessories from cuffs to clutch bags, earrings, Alice bands, necklaces and even shoes.
Though denim cannot be worn to black tie events, one can still wear them to smart casual parties. The good thing about denim is that one can wear it with any shoes, any color, prints, whether stripes, polka dots or animal prints, or metallic, basically anything that suits you and as an individual and complements your style and personality. The bonus point is that denim comes in different cuts so as to cater for every body shape that is pear, hour glass, curvy and athletic.
Levis has a range whose designs guarantee that that you will get the jeans that fit your body like a glove.
The Levis Curve ID range has four IDs, the slight curve, the Demi curve the Bold curve and the Supreme curve. The slight curve is designed to celebrate athletic figures .Whereas; the Demi curve and the bold curve are designed to hug the waist, without gaping or pulling. The supreme curve is designed for particularly for “bootylicious” women. Women who fall into this category have a narrow waist and a generous booty and usually suffer extreme gaping at the back of the waist and jeans that ride very low when they sit down revealing more than they want to.
Other cuts available are the high waist denim be it a skirt or pants, can be paired with a shirt and heels to pull over the DIVA look .Skinny jeans can be worn with a flowing top whereas the wide leg or flared denim can be paired with a tight tops .The amazing aspect about denim is that can complement any look for any occasion.
The best jeans for your body
HOUR GLASS– Bootlegs flatter this shape. It has clean lines and minimizes bumps and lumps and this cut creates good proportions for your natural curves and most importantly helps balance your hips.
PEAR –Bootlegs flatters this shape because it’s all about flare on the bottom. Skinnies can also work but with only a long top.
APPLE- Try low or mid-rise cuts that do not get close and personal in the mid-section. Skinnies emphasize a slender bottom half and a classic style always wins if it fits perfectly and you add a slightly longer top.
ATHLETIC– Your killer long legs should be the center of attention in structured trouser style. A slight boyfriend cut gives you a cute shape and straight jeans, not too skinny though.
TIPS FOR OCCASIONS
1. To bring out that sailor in you, team your skinny jeans with a stripped navy blue or red top with nautical wedges.
2. For a night out with the girls, throw a sequined jacket with your sky scrapper heels and a clutch bag.
3. For a date, surprise your date with the outfit most guys love the most, jeans and a white T-shirt.
4. For a smart casual party, opt for a formal top and a blazer and eye catching wedges as you might be on our feet the whole time and do not forget your glamorous clutch bag
TIPS WHEN BUYING YOUR DENIMS
1. Before you head to the checkout counter, ask yourself this important question, “can I touch my toes?
2. Also when trying jeans in a store, do the squat test. If your butt peeks out when you sit, then they are not the jeans for you!
3. Keep in mind that jeans stretch after a few wears, so buy a pair that fits you like a glove, the tighter the better.
4. Denim is timeless, no matter how much it costs, it is worth the investment.
5. When you are buying denims the darker ones look fabulous with bright colors, the light and faded ones look fabulous with darker colors and create balance.
*Do not be afraid to pair denim with denim, but if you are wearing a darker denim skirt, pair it with a faded shirt or crop top.
Wash your denims inside out so that they do not fade out
Go forth and look fabulous in your sassy denims.
Xoxo Imelda the Fashionista.